If you’re travelling to visit one of our beautiful wine regions in New Zealand, chances are you’ll be looking for somewhere to stay overnight. The areas of New Zealand that grow grapes for making wine are often picturesque and filled with delightful food options – farmers markets, cafés and restaurants. Here are some suggestions for accommodation.
This is a series of listings that all have excellent locations and facilities – often with personal service. Many will offer a wine tour and tasting as part of their accommodation package.
Millar Road Villas
Seriously stylish accommodation.
Our villas are essentially identical. Each has two king bedrooms both with ensuite bathrooms containing a shower, toilet and wash basin.
- A ‘bathing room’ at the rear of each villa and accessible from each ensuite bathroom contains a cradle bath ideal for soaking away aches and pains after a long day’s lying by the pool.
- The villas are completely self-contained, including fully-equipped kitchens and gas Weber Q barbecues.
- Sky TV, Netflix, a DVD player, a CD player and free broadband WiFi are provided.
- Shared laundry facilities (washing machine and dryer) are available in the pool house.
- The villas have access to the shared 4×15 metre swimming pool and to the entire 20-hectare property for walking.
Le Grá Vineyard and Winery B&B
A lovely ensuite studio room with a king-sized bed. Semi-detached with
private access. Views from your windows and balcony include the vineyard and the picturesque Tararua ranges.
- Studio includes a small fridge, Nespresso coffee machine, toaster, kettle, etc.
- Ashley and Co. amenities for your use in the bathroom
- Pull-out sofa bed
- Pretty grounds and vineyard to stroll around with a rambling brook and picnic area to make use of with lots of birds to listen to.
- Two electric bikes for guests to make use of while here.
- For breakfast a selection of muesli, fruit yogurts, and breads for toasting with homemade jams from Nicky G Preserves
also made on site
- A private tasting experience can be booked which includes tasting all current wines and
a platter of wonderful homemade and local delicacies
- You are also welcome to choose to eat with our family in our home while you are here.
- Our cellar door and lunch time restaurant are in the opposite end of this building.
- The views are vast, expanding from the garden and vineyard to the majestic Southern Alps. Note the restaurant and cellar door is closed Tues-Weds. On days that it is open, our restaurant closes at 4pm so you’ll have the place & sunset to yourselves.
- This is real life on the vineyard, where you may observe our staff in the vineyard (and the odd tractor), and the environment around our vines – the stars, resident rabbits and insects, plants and of course vines.
- The B & B is on the Waipara Valley Vineyard Trail and mountain bikes are provided for use while you are staying.