Giesen Group has once again received the prestigious New Zealand Winery of the Year award from the Melbourne International Wine Competition, in addition to five Gold medals among other awards.
Judged by a carefully selected panel of trade experts, this year’s competition was conducted in a virtual tasting format, to ensure COVID-19 safety precautions were met. Over 1000 wines from 8 countries were submitted this year – the 8th time the competition has been run.
Some of the headline results earned by the Giesen Group include:
- NEW ZEALAND WINERY OF YEAR 2021
- DOUBLE GOLD – Giesen Organic Pinot Noir 2017 earning 96 Points
- GOLD – Ara Single Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2021 earning 95 Points
- GOLD – Giesen Uncharted Chardonnay 2020 earning 94 Points<
- GOLD – Giesen Small Batch Chardonnay 2020 earning 95 Points
- GOLD – Giesen Uncharted Pinot Noir 2019 earning 95 Points